Sunday, March 05, 2006

Last Comic Standing

So I went to the audition. Did I audition no. 1. Apparently the swift character of the industry went ahead and gave out the applications to 100 people the night before. Sweet. Either that or the comic acquaintences that I have wanted me to get out of there. I didn't even go up to the coordinator because I realized something about the show that would prevent me from wanting it. It's too good to be true. To have a almost instant exposure could lead to mob rule in one's favor but also that ability to keep that attention of new found fans would be more than a customary challenge for a performer. I am not trying to pacify my non-audition but moreso admit to not being able to handle network contouring of portions of my career.

Instead I am working on putting up my own showcase and taking that around. Feel free to contact me for a potential show, proceeds are going to local charities near each venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment