Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The End of an Era

Don't cry for me unemployment, the truth is you just weren't that appealing to women. Isn't that why we do everything anyway? Today I worked five hours. The prospect of this company is great. I had some first day jitters. My biggest insecurity is that I only have one suit, that I got junior year of high school. There are only so many ways to diversify a suit before people realize you've been wearing the same thing the whole time.

Not that there is any strenous work in an office but still, I just feel like I am on one of those bring your kid to work visits. Tomorrow I am off to get some new suits and then tell myself that I can get into shape by the end of the year.

What a summer huh? My early retirement has been nothing more than a blissful misery. There is something to be said about retirement. I never did make it to Florida. I hear it's nice about this time of year. I did catch an episode of Golden Girls and even some Wonder Years. Still don't see what's so hot about Matlock. Unfortunately, I never woke up on time to get the early bird special.

I no longer have my addiction to melodramatic shows like Dawson's Creek. I am going on about seven weeks of not watching any WB programming and consequentially, no more prozac. Although I am still getting the shakes when I go more than eight hours without seeing an episode of Pimp My Ride.

Since I have already experienced retirement at 23, what is there left to live for? Life I suppose. Retirement is similar to being in bed. See how long you can stay in bed, awake. That is how much you'll like retirement.

One thing I will kind of miss is calling people during the work day. I would tell them to hang in there, things will pick up. Or, at least you have a job right? Taking it for what it is worth, many young people like to find themself while backpacking through Europe. That is effective in one manner. If you surround yourself with amazing things, you will want to be as amazing (or close to it).

Perhaps the one thing I am most glad to not experience is the interrogation. Do you have a job yet? Are you looking for a job? Do you know you need a job? WHAT?#@! A job? I have been at a loss now for months trying to figure out what it is exatly I should be doing from 9 to 5 for five days a week. Damn, a job. Thanks for the tip dill hole.

Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment