Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Self-Diagnosed Scatterbrain

Life this week has been exactly as unexpected as I should have seen. There is a law in physics, Newton's 2nd law I believe. It states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Now I left my job in May with plenty of money to sustain a sabatical from profit. Now in November, I am seven days from turning tricks that I am very sure will not recoup the expenses alone.

I am pleased to say that I am making my first movie this weekend. With a cast and crew of truly amazing people that I have befriended since returning to Chicagoland we have begun the foundation of some greatly scary prospects. Many of the actors come from the Second City curriculum that I am apart. I look forward to getting this movie Last Night, to the can asap and sent out to four film/comedy fests by December 15. There are about a half dozen more that I intend on entering.

Needless to say I am not planning on pigeon holing myself to just film. Besides the improv at SC, I am hoping to get a cable access show with a montly episode. Finally, something to watch on the Woodridge channel.

Sidenote: There was a comment made from a Mary on the blog for "Just Maybe." Dear Mary, which Mary are you? I can only think of one and would appreciate it if you left your email for me to contact you.

~~~~~~~~~

I had two inteviews today and the first one was not necessarily the best. This time it was not my fault. When I got there they didn't know that I was coming. Plus the office manager that was supposed to interview me was at Iowa St. giving a lecture on sales. Nothing like a swim upstream with two people who clearly had better things to do than speak with me.

I am confident that I wooed them. Actually, I don't know, nor am I sure if I will be able to know. I say that only because Whitney Houston's "how will I know" is on the itunes. By the way I should mention to readers that do not know me personally. I am straight. I just think every genre of music has it's beauty, even flamboyant music.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Incase you have not gone to a comedy open mic in a while, go. You will be impressed. Some comics are actually very good. Some of us on the other hand are not as consistant infront of the crowd. Right now my two preferred comics to listen to are Josh Chaney (not sure on the spelling) and Kumail (fyi-not an Irish comic).

~~~~~~~~

I was saddened by the change in format of Windy 100.3 fm to become LUV radio. Fortunately, 99.9 fm the power of 9 (way to go Marketing team!) came to save the day. Their slogan nothing but a cry for attention. "...we'll play that." They play anything and mean it. The station went from "Werewolves of London" to "Bloulevard of Broken Dreams." Which is a great practice to follow- as long as it is good, it gets played.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:08 PM

    Hello again, after I left my lil ditty I thought I should have specified but I didnt ANYWAYS its Mary, Jerrys Sister=) umm if you still would like to contact me my email address is Dcelt03@comcast.net hopefully I will hear from you =)

    ReplyDelete